Ed’s Moving & Storage can offer its commercial customers a level of complete port services and shipping services that truly elevates us into a full-service, multifaceted commercial moving company.
As a bonded and certified U.S. Customs Warehouse Service, Ed’s Moving & Storage can take care of moving a wide range of goods. In addition, our warehouse is located within the free trade zone.
That’s especially convenient for our Tacoma-area industrial customers, given that Tacoma Port activity is even larger than that of Seattle’s. In fact, the Tacoma Port is one of the largest container ports in North America, owing to the area’s naturally deep-water harbor.
Tacoma Port is also part of the Northwest Seaport Alliance and boasts numerous terminals, on-dock rail services, and warehousing facilities. For these reasons as well as others, Ed’s Moving & Storage prizes the port for its unmatched ability to move our customers’ inventory from outside of the country into the USA.
After your goods come into Tacoma Port via sea container, Ed’s takes possession of the sea containers and brings them into our warehouse. We’ll usher the inventory through the customs process, while also handling your forwarders. In addition, we can palletize your business or personal inventory for overland transport, ensuring that the delivery process is a smooth one.
Benefits of using port services through Ed’s Moving & Storage:
- Safety - The Tacoma Port has one of the best security programs and trained personnel working to keep their port, workers, and community safe. Port officers monitor all areas of the port ensuring the safety of your business or personal belongings. They are also Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) certified.
- Logistics - Moving across the world is an exciting event in one's life, and Ed's is here to handle the transition smoothly for you. We have much experience in creating a seamless process for your goods. We coordinate your move every step of the way, so nothing is left behind.
- Customer Care - Tacoma Port has a readily trained staff of professional customer care associates. They have a deep knowledge of the industry and are able to assist you with any questions you may have. Although we can assist you with getting your items to your desired locations we always recommend asking specific questions directly to their customer support team, they can provide you with in-depth details about your items travels.
- Global Access - The Tacoma Port has access to all around the world. With proximity to Asia and ties in Alaska, the world is ready for you. No matter the location, Ed’s has the ability to get your items from your starting point to a port anywhere in the world.
- Peace of Mind - At Ed’s, we have been transporting customers' goods through the Tacoma Port for decades. We work with them as we believe they help us provide you with a seamless and stress-free process for global relocation. You can sit back, relax, and enjoy your life's new adventures while we make sure your valuable items make it to your next location.
Learn more about the Tacoma Port by visiting their website here or give Ed’s a call at (253) 581-2446.